The Graduate Program supports emerging artists as they transition from being supported as a part of Cirkidz to beginning a career as an independent artist or company. The Graduate Program provides options to assist this transition, while allowing the required independence needed to establish themselves. The partnership is specific to artists who have graduated from the Performance Program, with entry by audition. To reflect these artist's maturity, the Graduate Program operates under the banner of Cirkidz parent brand, The South Australian Circus Centre.
The Emerging Artists program will focus on self devised projects and building your own artistic career for those in Year 12 and above.
Members of The Graduate Program are entitled to:
- Group technical training sessions.
- Unlimited self directed training at Cirkidz (subject to availability and confirmed booking) with no associated space-hire fees.
- Inclusion in Masterclasses and specialist training opportunities (subject to availability).
- Invitation to participate in Cirkidz performance program opportunities, and to train with Troupe, Tribe or Advanced programs subject to production schedule.
Emerging Artists will also have access to the following support services:
- Artistic advice and guidance on developing own Act provided by the AD and specialty trainers.
- Grant application advice provided by the AD and GM.
- Auspicing of project grants on approval of the GM.
- Marketing and promotional advice session per quarter (4 per year).
- Advice on grant writing.
The first Graduate Program was with "Gravity and Other Myths". Cirkidz supported GOM through the development and production of Freefall in the Adelaide Fringe 2010. They went on to win the "Best Circus Award" competing against many experienced artists. Cirkidz provided artistic and administration mentorship, relationship building, industry contacts, space, equipment and the opportunity to learn how to develop a partnership with a company.
In 2011 they returned to the Adelaide Fringe, and won the Tour Ready award for the Melbourne Fringe Festival, as well as once again being nominated for Best Circus.
Have a look at their work by clicking the logo link below.