Circus School Coordinator
Cirkidz has a long tradition of social and community outreach programs, stemming from our foundation as a creative outlet for disadvantaged young people in the inner-west.
Cirkidz community methodology is based on Reg Bolton’s 2004 PhD (Murdoch Uni) ‘Why Circus Works.’ Cirkidz framework, led by Artistic Director Josh Hoare uses ‘circus as a vehicle' for creating immediate and embodied experiences of strength, self-design, courage and risk taking, team work, goal setting and fun. Circus has a long history and enormous capacity to build social fabric by re-engaging participants with their goals and community.
Through our partnership programs we work with young people to re engage with their families and communities; to build confidence and improve their motivation and engagement to their lives and learning environment.
Why we make a difference:
- Our program works to build technical capability and expand creative thinking
- Our techniques build confidence and resilience and teach the ability to enter flow states for improved learning – we share our circus experiences to build better learners.
- Our programs develop leadership and mentoring opportunities.
- Our programs directly like to entrepreneurial and multi discipline thinking to solve complex problems.
- Our programs teach frameworks for ideation and pathways for concept to reality planning.
We have worked with:
Uniting Care Wesly Bowden, Kurruru Youth Performing Arts, Survivors of Torture and Trauma Assistance and Rehabilitation Service, Playford International College, Relationsships Australia SA, Para Vista and Wandana Primary Schools, Wirreanda Secondary School, D'Faces Whyalla and Riverland Youth Theatre.